Photos, videos and recipe rights, courtesy of Ontario Turkey. © Copyright 2018 Turkey Farmers of Ontario. All Rights Reserved.
Turkey Mango SaladBy Ontario Turkey
This article has not been rated yet.
A favourite Thai salad is the perfect fit to join lean Turkey in a refreshing dish that is perfect for summer.
- 1 8-oz pkg extra lean ground Ontario Turkey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger , minced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce or sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 2 mangoes , peeled and chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper , chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro or basil , chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint , chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- pinch granulated sugar
- dash hot pepper sauce
- In large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook Turkey, garlic, ginger and fish sauce, stirring often for about 5 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Remove from heat.
- In large bowl, blend mango, pepper, cilantro and mint. Add Turkey mixture to bowl and stir.
- Drizzle with lime juice, sugar and hot sauce; stir to combine.
For a bold heat, add ½ tsp Asian garlic chili paste to the salad.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 12 g,
- 22 g,
- 6 g,
- 3 g,
- 408 mg.