Photos, videos and recipe rights, courtesy of Ontario Turkey. © Copyright 2018 Turkey Farmers of Ontario. All Rights Reserved.
Turkey, Green Bean, Corn and Tomato SaladBy Ontario Turkey
This article has not been rated yet.
Grilled Turkey and vegetable salad makes this a summertime favourite.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless Ontario Turkey breast
- 2 tbsp olive oil , divided
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro , divided
- 1 tsp each, coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper , divided
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 2 cobs of corn , husked
- 1 red onion , peeled and sliced into ½-inch thick rounds
- 2 cups trimmed green beans
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Combine Turkey with half each of the oil, cilantro, salt, pepper and garlic in a resealable bag. Let marinate for at least one hour and up to one day.
- Grill Turkey over medium high heat until cooked through, about 10 minutes per side. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes before slicing across the grain.
- Brush corn and onion rings with remaining oil and salt and pepper, grill until onion is tender and grill marks form on both the onions and the corn, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to cutting board and slice kernels from cob. Chop onion. Add onion and corn to a bowl with green beans and cherry tomatoes. Toss with remaining cilantro. Sprinkle with lime juice and a pinch of coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper. To serve: Divide salad over 4 plates and top each with equal amounts of sliced Turkey.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 31 g,
- 15 g,
- 8 g,
- 4 g,
- 700 mg.