The Ultimate Turkey Burger
* PLUS Cooking time: 8 minutes, Standing time: 5 minutes
Think turkey burgers are a beef burger's tasteless cousin? Think again. This ultimate version is delicious as well as healthy.
, (about 4 oz)
- Preheat barbecue to high.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium. Add bacon and sauté for 2 to 3 min or until fat has rendered and bacon is just beginning to crisp. Use a slotted spoon to remove bacon from pan and set on a paper towel to drain. Discard fat, leaving 1 tbsp in pan. Add onion and sauté for 4 min, or until soft and lightly golden. Set aside to cool.
- Combine turkey, Worcestershire, Parmesan, reserved bacon and onions, salt and pepper, and stir until combined. Form into 4- or 5½-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers on medium-high for 4 to 5 min per side, or until grill marked and cooked through. Serve on buns with your family’s favourite toppings. We like crisp lettuce, juicy tomato slices, creamy mayonnaise and mustard. You won’t need extra cheese, as there’s a decent cheese flavour in the burger already.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 25 g,
- 3 g,
- 16 g,
- 441 mg.