Photos, videos and recipe rights, courtesy of Ontario Turkey. © Copyright 2018 Turkey Farmers of Ontario. All Rights Reserved.
Orange Poppy Seed Turkey SaladBy Ontario Turkey
This article has not been rated yet.
- 1 lb Ontario Turkey , for stir fry
- 5 tbsp frozen orange juice , undiluted and thawed
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil , divided
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 cups mesclun salad mix
- 3 large cups oranges , peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup red onion , thinly sliced
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh basil , thinly shredded
- 4 tsp orange rind , grated
- In small bowl, whisk together orange juice, water, 1 tbsp (15mL) of the oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, pepper and salt. Place Turkey in large resealable plastic bag with half of orange juice mixture; marinate for about 20 minutes. Set aside remaining orange juice mixture.
- Arrange lettuce, orange sections (grate rind before peeling) and onions on 4 individual salad plates.
- In large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat remaining oil. Add Turkey to skillet and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned and no longer pink inside. Stir in remaining orange juice mixture; bring to a boil. Stir in poppy seeds; immediately remove from heat.
- Place 1/4 of Turkey mixture on top of each salad. Sprinkle with fresh basil and orange rind.