Photos, videos and recipe rights, courtesy of Ontario Turkey. © Copyright 2018 Turkey Farmers of Ontario. All Rights Reserved.
Grilled Turkey TacosBy Ontario Turkey
This article has not been rated yet.
Classic authentic Mexican flavours of cumin, oregano and chilies transform these grilled Turkey tacos into a family fave.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless Ontario Turkey breast
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 tsp each ground cumin, oregano and chili powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 small red onion , sliced
- 2 carrots , peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers , sliced (ribs and seeds removed)
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- garnishes: springs of cilantro, avocado slices, lime wedges
- In resealable bag, combine cumin, oregano, chili powder, salt, olive oil and cilantro, rubbing to make a paste. Add Turkey breasts and shake to thoroughly coat. Let sit for 30 minutes and up to one day.
- In another bag, combine red onion, carrots, jalapenos, vinegar, sugar and salt. Let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes and up to one day, tossing occasionally.
- Grill Turkey over medium high heat until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Toss carrot mixture with cabbage. Divide Turkey and cabbage mixture over warm grilled tortillas. Garnish with cilantro and avocado and serve with lime wedges and coarse salt.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 35 g,
- 42 g,
- 16 g,
- 5 g,
- 790 mg.