Photos, videos and recipe rights, courtesy of Ontario Turkey. © Copyright 2018 Turkey Farmers of Ontario. All Rights Reserved.
Ginger Turkey Stir FryBy Ontario Turkey
Forget takeout. Enjoy exotic flavours with the Super benefits of lean Ontario Turkey in an international favourite.
- 2 cups Ontario Turkey Breast , cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root or 1/2 tsp ground ginger , minced
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water or Turkey stock
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp oil , divided
- 2 cups carrots , sliced diagonally
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups mushrooms , sliced
- 1 can 8 oz. water chestnuts , (optional)
- Combine ginger root, garlic, soy sauce, water, lemon juice, honey and cornstarch. Whisk to dissolve cornstarch in mixture. Coat Turkey in mixture, set aside.
- Heat half the oil in wok or large skillet. Add carrots, add broccoli, mushrooms and water chestnuts; stir-fry 3-4 minutes. Remove vegetables from wok, set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in wok and cook Turkey for about 5 minutes or until no longer pink inside, reserving sauce.
- Add vegetables, reserved sauce and stir constantly until sauce has thickened and vegetables are tender crisp. Serve over long grain rice or cracked wheat bulgur.