Photos, videos and recipe rights, courtesy of Ontario Turkey. © Copyright 2018 Turkey Farmers of Ontario. All Rights Reserved.
Fried Turkey SandwichBy Ontario Turkey
This turkey sandwich will be "gobbled" up. Have all the toppings ready to go so everyone can dig in and build their own.
- 1 boneless skinless Ontario Turkey Breast , about 1lb
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp each fresh ground pepper and smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp each dried thyme and ground mustard
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup canola oil , for frying
- 4 pretzel or brioche buns , split and toasted
- 4 small leaves lettuce
- 1 tomato , sliced
- 4 slices cooked turkey bacon
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley , or basil
- 2 tbsp Buffalo Wing sauce
- otfCut turkey breast crosswise into 4 equal pieces. Using a meat mallet, pound thicker pieces slightly to 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick; set aside.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together flour, salt, pepper, paprika, thyme and mustard. Pour buttermilk into another shallow bowl.
- Dredge turkey pieces into flour mixture to coat well. Dip into buttermilk and let excess drip off before coating in flour again. Place on large plate.
- In a large shallow skillet heat oil over medium heat. Place turkey pieces into pan and fry for about 5 minutes or until edges are becoming golden brown. Turn over and fry for another 6 to 8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink inside. Remove to paper towel lined plate.
- Spicy Mayo: In a bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, hot sauce and parsley.
- Spread some of the mayo onto bottom of buns and top with lettuce. Place turkey pieces on top and top each with bacon, and tomato and remaining mayo.
Substitute 2 large turkey tenderloins for the turkey breast.