Photos, videos and recipe rights, courtesy of Ontario Turkey. © Copyright 2018 Turkey Farmers of Ontario. All Rights Reserved.
California Crispy Lemon and Sesame Turkey GobblersBy Ontario Turkey
This article has not been rated yet.
This versatile recipe makes a delicious appetizer or main served with honey dipping sauce for a fun, tasty weeknight meal.
- 1 lb boneless Ontario Turkey Breast , cut to form 2 to 3-inch pieces
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- sesame seeds , optional
- vegetable oil , for deep frying
- Mix together the lemon juice, sesame oil, salt and pepper. Add Turkey pieces and marinate for no less than 30 minutes, no more than 2 hours.
- Pre-heat at least 4 inches of oil in heavy, straight-sided pot, to 360°F (180°C). Strain Turkey pieces and discard marinade. Pat dry with paper towel. Dredge pieces in corn starch, shaking off excess corn starch.
- Deep fry until golden and floating in the oil and internal temperature is 165°F (75°C). Remove from oil with slotted spoon and place on paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and sesame seeds, serve with liquid honey or favourite dipping sauces.