Photos, videos and recipe rights, courtesy of Ontario Turkey. © Copyright 2018 Turkey Farmers of Ontario. All Rights Reserved.
BBQ Turkey Wings & DrumsticksBy Ontario Turkey
Try something different on the grill tonight! Look for Turkey parts like drumsticks and wings in your local grocery store.
- 4 small Ontario Turkey Drumsticks
- 4 Ontario Turkey wings , cut into 2 pieces (wing tips discarded)
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 onion , chopped
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- Place drumsticks and wings in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from the water and discard water.
- Barbecue Sauce: In a saucepan, heat oil over medium heat and cook onion for 2 minutes. Stir in brown sugar and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Stir in ketchup, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, chili powder and hot pepper sauce, and remove from heat. Reserve half of the sauce.
- Place Turkey drumsticks and wings on greased grill over medium heat and brushing often with barbecue sauce. Cook for approximately 25 to 30 minutes (turning twice) or until juices run clear when pierced. Serve with reserved sauce.
For a spicier barbecue sauce, increase the hot pepper sauce.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 63 g,
- 22 g,
- 25 g,
- 0 g,
- 895 mg.