This article has not been rated yet.
4 Adult Sized Servings
Photo: Andrew Grinton
Veal Saltimbocca is a classic the whole family will love. Recipe by Eshun Mott.
, (about 4)
, plus 8 large sage leaves
, (4 large or 8 small slices)
- Pat veal dry with paper towels and sprinkle with pepper.
- Sprinkle one side of each scallopini with ½ tsp chopped sage, and lay prosciutto overtop.
- Heat oil and 1 tbsp butter in a large frying pan over medium-high. Add sage leaves and fry for 30 sec. or until crisp. Remove and reserve.
- Working in batches, fry scallopini for 1 to 2 min per side, or until browned. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add wine to pan, bring to a boil and cook for 1 to 2 min or until reduced by about half.
- Add chicken stock and boil 3 to 4 min longer or until about ¼ cup of liquid remains. Add remaining 1 tbsp butter to pan, swirl to incorporate to create a pan sauce; remove from heat. Serve scallopini with pan sauce and fried sage leaves.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 22 g,
- 1 g,
- 13 g,
- 642 mg.