This article has not been rated yet.
If I were leftover turkey, this is how I'd want to be remembered.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove , chopped
- 1 onion , chopped
- 1 green sweet pepper , chopped
- 2 cups leftover turkey , chopped
- 1 540-mL can kidney beans
- 1 796-mL can tomatoes , drained and mashed, but juice reserved
- 1 tbsp Mexican chili powder , (or more - whatever you like)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- In a large skillet or medium saucepan, cook the garlic, onion and green pepper in the vegetable oil for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add everything else. I mean, everything.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes. If the chili seems too thick, add some of the reserved tomato juice about 10 minutes before it’s finished cooking.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or rolled into a warm flour tortilla. A sprinkle of cheese might be nice.