Recipe by Eshun Mott, Photo by Maya Visnyei
pork rib chops
, about 3/4-in. thick
- Preheat oven to 400F. Combine butter, thyme, garlic and mustard in a bowl and mash to combine.
- Pat pork dry with paper towels and season on both sides with ½ tsp salt and pepper.
- Heat a large heavy frying pan over medium-high. Add oil and swirl to coat. Fry pork 2 min per side or until browned.
- Top each with a spoonful of butter mixture, place pan in the oven and cook for 5 min longer or until pork is almost cooked through.
- Transfer pork to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm (pork will continue to cook).
- Wrap pan handle in a kitchen towel and place it on the stove over medium-high heat.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for 2 min or until saucy. Season with remaining ¼ tsp salt. Pour over pork chops.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 29 g,
- 4 g,
- 25 g,
- 1 g,
- 517 mg.
A quick cooking time followed by a short “rest” is the secret to juicy pork chops.