- 1 flank steak , (about 1 3/4 lb)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 lime
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 Granny Smith apple , cored and drated or julienned
- 1/2 cup grated or julienned radish
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- sour cream
- crumbled feta
- cilantro sprigs
- Pat steak dry with paper towels and place on a baking sheet.
- Combine chili powder, brown sugar, cumin, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Sprinkle all over steak, and rub slightly to coat well.
- Let stand at room temperature for 15 min or covered in the refrigerator overnight.
- Heat a large, lightly oiled grill pan over high. (If the pan is not large enough, cut the steak in half and cook in 2 batches.) Grill until deeply coloured, about 3 min per side, then reduce heat to medium and cook for 4 to 5 min longer (turning as needed), or until it reaches desired degree of doneness.
- Remove steak to a board; let rest for 5 min before slicing thinly against the grain.
- Transfer to a serving plate and squeeze lime overtop steak. Reserve.
- Combine slaw ingredients in a bowl; toss to coat.
- Working in batches, toast tortillas in a dry skillet over high heat for about 30 sec. per side or until softened and specked with brown. Keep warm in a clean kitchen towel.
- Serve steak with tortillas, slaw and toppings.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 46 g
- 35 g
- 19 g
- 5 g
- 561 mg