Recipe by Eshun Mott, Photo by Maya Visnyei
, peeled and cut into 1/2-in. cubes (about 350 g)
1 1/2 cups
- Place sweet potato in a small pot with salted cold water. Cover, bring to a boil and cook 8 min or until tender. Drain and reserve.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium-high. Add onions and sauté for 4 min or until beginning to golden.
- Add garlic, ginger and curry paste and sauté for 1 min longer.
- Turn heat to high and add beef, stirring to break into pieces. Sauté for 2 min or until no longer pink.
- Add tomato paste and stir until incorporated. Add stock and sugar, and bring to a boil. Simmer mixture for 4 min or until liquid has reduced and has become saucy.
- Stir in reserved sweet potato and spinach, season with salt and stir for 1 min or until spinach is wilted.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 28 g,
- 25 g,
- 18 g,
- 4 g,
- 900 mg.
You can mash the sweet potatoes into the curry if you’re worried about little fingers picking it out.