4 to 6 Servings
Everyone from kids to dinner party guests will love this fun, interactive and easy fondue dinner recipe.
- 2 cups Gruyere , grated
- 2 cups fontina , grated
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp garlic , chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- crusty French bread , torn into pieces
- broccoli florets , (raw or steamed)
- red sweet pepper , strips
- steamed mini potatoes
- slices of cooked chicken , or steak
- slices of apple
- slices of pear
- Place cheese and cornstarch in a sealable bag and toss to coat. Combine chicken stock, garlic and lemon juice in a fondue pot over medium-low heat. (If you don’t have a fondue pot, you can prepare it ahead of time on the stove, using a small heavy-bottomed pot.
- For the party, set the pot on a rack over a few tea lights to keep warm.) When stock begins to bubble, reduce heat to low and begin adding cheese a handful at a time, whisking gently until melted and fully combined. You may need to increase the heat to get all the cheese melted, but don’t bring to a boil.
- Keep warm over low heat until ready to serve. Offer a variety of dippers to make a full meal.