This article has not been rated yet.
* PLUS Standing time: 10 minutes, Cooking time: 20 minutes
Stuck in a dinner rut? Blow your kids' minds with fun corn pancakes tonight!
, (or 2 cups regular milk with 2 tbsp vinegar)
, plus 1 tbsp for the pan
1 1/2 cups
, white part only, chopped
- Let corn thaw in a bowl. Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites to soft peaks; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together well the egg yolks, buttermilk and 2 tbsp oil. In another bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar until well combined. Add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Stir in corn and green onions. Gently fold in egg whites. Let stand 10 min before cooking.
- Add 1 tsp oil to a skillet over medium-heat. When hot, pour ¼ cup batter per pancake into the pan; cook until the underside is golden and you see bubbles along the edges; flip and cook for 1 to 2 min on the other side. Keep pancakes warm in a 250F oven. Repeat with remaining oil and remaining batter.
- Serve with a dollop of plain yogurt and a side of steamed vegetables.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 14 g,
- 3 g,
- 1 g,