Chili in Minutes
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
Authentic Texas chili this is probably not. But then again, we don't care as long as it's quick and tasty. And it is.
- 500 g lean ground beef , or turkey
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 tbsp Mexican chili powder , (or less or more - to taste)
- 1 tsp crumbled dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 1 540-mL can kidney beans , or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large skillet, combine the ground beef (or turkey), onion, garlic, chili powder, oregano and salt. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally to break up lumps, until the meat is browned and most of the liquid has evaporated – 8 to 10 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes and the beans, stir to mix, and cover the pan. Lower the heat to medium low and cook, stirring once in a while, for 15 minutes. Serve, sprinkled with cheese if you like.