Beef and Broccoli Stir-fry
Beef and broccoli stir-fry is a classic Asian take-out meal that you can make at home easily with this recipe.
- 1 lb 4 oz sirloin steak , thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce , divided
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp peeled, chopped ginger
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup homemade chicken stock , or sodium-free broth
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch , mixed with 1 tbsp water
- Combine beef with sherry vinegar and 1 tbsp soy sauce, and toss together.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high. Add oil and carefully tilt wok to coat. Working in batches, sear beef for 1 min or until browned on the outside but not cooked through. Remove beef with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add garlic and ginger to wok, and sauté for 30 sec. or until fragrant. Add broccoli and stir-fry for 1 min or until it begins to turn bright green. Add ¼ cup water to wok, cover with a lid and steam for 2 min or until just tender-crisp. Combine remaining 1 tbsp soy sauce, chicken stock and oyster sauce, and add to wok. Bring to a boil and cook 1 min or until flavours are combined.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture, add reserved beef and cook 1 min longer or until sauce is thickened and beef is heated through. Serve over rice noodles or steamed rice.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 36 g,
- 10 g,
- 15 g,
- 3 g,
- 664 mg.