Stir-Fried Vegetables with Chicken and Noodles
This article has not been rated yet.
Our favourite. This can be made with any crazy combination of veggies you happen to have around the house. Or use a bag of frozen stir-fry mixture – in deepest, darkest February, it’s usually a better deal than fresh anyway.
- 1 500-g pkg angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs , sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium onion , sliced
- 1 750-g bag frozen stir-fry vegetable mixture , (3 cups total)
- 1/2 small cabbage , thinly sliced
- Cook the angel hair pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but not mushy. Drain, then rinse under cold running water. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chicken broth, soy sauce and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a wok or very large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over high heat. Add the sliced chicken and stir-fry until the chicken begins to brown. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon, leaving the oil behind. Add the onion to the wok and stir-fry over high heat until it begins to look glossy, then add the garlic and the frozen vegetables. Continue to stir-fry for about 5 minutes – until the frozen vegetables are tender but still crisp. Add the cabbage – stirring just until it begins to wilt, then return the chicken to the wok and stir in the chicken broth mixture. Cook, stirring and tossing, until the sauce boils and starts to thicken.
- Now add the pasta, tossing until everything is combined and the pasta is heated through and coated with sauce. Serve immediately.