This article has not been rated yet.
Get ready for some seriously fast food. Have your helpful young assistant measure the ingredients into individual bowls. Line them up on the counter so that they're ready to be thrown into the wok.
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves , squished
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 2 eggs , lightly beaten
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken , (or other leftover cooked meat)
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 2 green onions , chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add the garlic and stir-fry for just a few seconds. Add the onion and continue stir-frying for 1 or 2 minutes, until the onion is just barely softened.
- Now pour in the beaten eggs and cook the mixture, stirring constantly, until the eggs are scrambled (this will only take a minute). Stir in the rice and toss until heated through, then add the soy sauce and ketchup. Continue stirring to mix everything evenly.
- Now add the bean sprouts, chicken (or whatever) and peas. Cook for a few more minutes, stirring constantly until the chicken is heated, the peas are bright green and the bean sprouts are just slightly wilted. Add the sliced green onions, toss and serve immediately, sprinkled with sesame seeds.