Snow Pea and Beef Stir Fry
This article has not been rated yet.
Blast midweek boredom with this Asian-inspired meal, starting with a snow pea and beef stir fry that's quick, nutritious and pumped with flavour!
- 500 g beef flank steak
- 2 tbsp dry sherry , Chinese cooking wine or white grape juice
- 1 tbsp gluten-free tamari , or soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 green onions
- 1 1-in. piece fresh ginger
- 250 g snow peas
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp low-sodium chicken broth
- Fill a large pot with cold water and add rice stick noodles. Let soak—about 10 min.
- Slicing against the grain, cut flank steak into very thin, bite-size pieces. In a medium bowl, combine sherry (or your choice of alternative), tamari and sesame oil. Add flank steak and stir to combine. Allow to marinate until ready to cook (about 15 min).
- Chop garlic and green onions and place in a small bowl. Peel ginger and grate finely, adding to the bowl. Prep snow peas by tearing or cutting the stem end and pulling off the string. (If your family prefers their veg shredded, try this quick tip: Stack snow peas like a deck of cards and slice lengthwise.)
- Heat pot containing water and rice stick noodles at high. When it comes to a boil, check noodles immediately. As soon as they are tender soft, turn off heat. Heat a wok or large frying pan on high and add oil. Toss in garlic, green onion and ginger mixture and stir-fry 30 seconds. Spread beef, including marinade, in a single layer in the wok and leave to sear for 1 min or more without disturbing. Stir. Add snow peas and stir-fry until beef is no longer pink. Add oyster sauce and chicken stock, stirring to mix. Remove wok from heat.
- Drain noodles. Arrange on a large serving plate and top with beef stir fry. Serve.