Semi-Respectable Ramen Noodles
This article has not been rated yet.
These semi-respectable ramen noodles are so easy to make and, even better, can use up whatever vegetables and proteins you have on hand.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500 g pork tenderloin , or skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin slices
- 4 cups mixed fresh or frozen vegetables , (sliced onions, sliced sweet peppers, broccoli florets, cut green beans, snow peas, zucchini - whatever you like)
- 2 85-g pkgs ramen noodles , (any flavour)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the vegetable oil over high heat. Add the sliced pork or chicken and the vegetables and cook, stirring like a maniac, until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add the ramen noodles (discard the flavour packet), the soy sauce and 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) water.
- Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3 or 4 minutes, just until the noodles are tender. Ta-da. Dinner’s ready!