Photo by Maya Visnyei.
Orange Stir-Fried Pork
Quicker than take-out, this saucy stir-fried pork is tender, tangy and on your table in 30 minutes.
- 1 pork tenderloin , (about 3/4 lb.)
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp cornstarch , divided
- 1 tangerine
- 3 tbsp canola oil , divided
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 red sweet pepper
- 1 yellow sweet pepper
- 1 tbsp peeled, chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 8 oz sugar snap peas , (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups sodium-free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 green onions , sliced
- Cut pork into ½-in.-thick slices and then crosswise into ½-in.-thick pieces. Season with salt and pepper; toss with 1 tbsp cornstarch. Reserve.
- Peel 3 long strips of tangerine zest, about 1 in. wide. Reserve. Cut pith and remaining peel from tangerine. Segment tangerine; reserve with any juice.
- Heat 1 tbsp canola oil in a wok over high. Add pork and stir-fry until golden and almost cooked through. Remove pork; reserve.
- Add remaining canola oil and reserved zest to wok and stir-fry until browned at the edges, about 30 sec. Remove; set aside.
- Add red onion and peppers and fry until browned and tender, about 2 min. Add ginger and garlic and sauté for 30 sec. Add peas and chicken stock, cover and cook for 2 min or until peas are bright green. Add chili sauce and Worcestershire.
- Mix 1 tbsp cornstarch with 1 tbsp water; stir into sauce. Sliver fried zest and add to wok along with pork. Simmer until sauce is thickened and pork is cooked through.
- Stir in tangerine segments, juice and sesame oil, and sprinkle with green onions. Serve.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 22 g,
- 27 g,
- 15 g,
- 4 g,
- 273 mg.