Korean Beef Bulgogi
* PLUS Standing time: 10 minutes, Cooking time: 7 minutes
This easy Korean beef bulgogi recipe is kid-friendly and parent-approved.
1 1/2 lbs
rice wine vinegar
, trimmed (about 6 oz)
- Trim any fat from sirloin, and use your sharpest knife to slice beef against the grain into very thin slices.
- Combine soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, garlic and sesame oil in a bowl. Add sirloin and toss to coat. Let stand at least 10 min (or overnight in the fridge) to marinate. Drain marinade from meat and discard.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil. Cut snow peas in half on the bias while you wait for water to boil. Add snow peas to boiling water and blanch for 1 min or until bright green and tender-crisp. Drain, refresh in cold water, drain again and reserve.
- Heat 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Working in batches, and adding remaining oil to the pan as necessary, sear meat for 1 to 2 min or until browned at the edges and just cooked through. Add snow peas, green onions and sesame seeds, and toss to combine. Serve over rice.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 40 g,
- 5 g,
- 15 g,
- 2 g,
- 246 mg.