This article has not been rated yet.
- 6 cups roughly chopped seedless watermelon , (about 1/4 of a medium watermelon)
- 3 cups roughly chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp chopped cilantro , divided
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- In a small bowl, reserve ½ cup watermelon. Place remaining watermelon, tomatoes, shallots, oil, vinegar and 2 tbsp of cilantro in a food processor or blender (you might need to do it in 2 batches depending on how big your machine is). Purée until very smooth.
- With a large bowl underneath, pour the mixture through a mesh strainer, using a ladle to stir and push through as much of the liquid as possible. Discard the pulp left in the strainer. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 2 tbsp of cilantro to the bowl of reserved watermelon; mix together. Pour soup into bowls and garnish with the watermelon-cilantro mixture and a pinch of crumbled feta and serve.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 5 g,
- 10 g,
- 3 g,
- 118 mg.