Tortellini and Bean Soup
* PLUS Cooking time: 7 minutes
Whip up a tasty, protein-packed soup in less time than it takes to watch an episode of Dora the Explorer. If you're cooking ahead, add a little extra broth when reheating; tortellini pasta soaks up a lot of liquid.
, white parts only, finely chopped
, finely chopped
cartons (900 mL each)
350-450 g pkg
, preferably fresh
fresh or frozen
, lima beans or edamame
, thinly sliced (optional)
- Add leeks and pepper to vegetable oil in a large pot set over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until softened slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Add tortellini; bring back to a boil and cook until tortellini is almost al dente, about 5 minutes.
- Add beans and ground black pepper. Boil until tender and heated through, 2-5 minutes. Sprinkle with onion, if using. Serve immediately.
- *Whenever possible, we test our recipes with lower-sodium versions of packaged foods. Unfortunately, reduced-sodium vegetable broth is not widely available. Our best suggestion is Campbell’s Organic Vegetarian Vegetable Broth, which has 25% less salt than its regular version.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 38 g,
- 7 g,