Thai Chicken Soup with Noodles
2 to 4 servings
This Thai Chicken Soup with Noodles is an exotic twist on everyone's favourite comfort food.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts , thinly sliced into slivers
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 6 green onions , sliced (green and white parts separately)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Thai green curry paste , (optional)
- 56 g angel hair pasta , (about 1/2-in. handful), broken in half (or other thin noodles)
- 1 small red sweet pepper , chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the slivered chicken breasts and cook, stirring constantly, until they just become opaque — 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger and the white part of the green onions and continue cooking for another 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken broth, coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce and curry paste (if you’re using it). Bring to a boil, then stir in pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- Add red pepper and peas, and continue cooking for 2 or 3 minutes. Garnish with sliced green onion.