Soupy Asian Noodles
4 Adult Servings
This Soupy Asian Noodles recipe is a quick and easy meal that an older child may be able to do on her own with permission. But even the smallest chef can use a butter knife to cut tofu into pieces.
- 1 900 mL container vegetable broth , (we tested with Campbell's)
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 173 g dried wheat noodles , or chow mein noodles (looks like 3 block of ramen noodles)
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 6 oz sugar snap peas , ends and strings removed
- 227 g medium-firm tofu , cut into small cubes (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Put vegetable stock and water in a large pot. Add ginger and soy sauce and stir to combine. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add noodles, return to a boil and cook for 4 min until noodles are al dente.
- Add carrots, sugar snap peas and tofu, and simmer 1 to 2 min longer or until noodles and vegetables are cooked through.
- Remove from heat, stir in sesame oil and serve.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 24 g,
- 37 g,
- 23 g,
- 4 g,
- 997 mg.