Six Bean Beef Chili
This hearty chili packs a nutritious punch and is loaded with fibre—not to mention it's a total kid-pleaser!
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 large onion , coarsely chopped
- 1 227-g pkg PC Cremini Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 500 g PC Free From Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne , optional
- 1 511-mL jar PC black label San Marzano Whole Tomatoes
- 2 orange sweet peppers , finely chopped
- 1 540-mL can PC Blue Menu Six Bean Medley , drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated PC Aged 2 Year Canadian White Cheddar Cheese , optional
- 1/4 cup chopped chives , optional
- Heat a large pot over medium. Add oil, then garlic, onion and mush- rooms. Cook until onion and mush- rooms start to soften, about 3 min. Crumble in meat. Stir in chili pow- der, tomato paste, dried oregano, salt and cayenne. Using a fork, stir frequently to break up meat. Cook 3 to 5 min.
- Add tomatoes and break them up into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Stir in peppers. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, until peppers are tender, 10 min. Stir in beans until warmed through, 2 more min. Spoon chili into bowls. Top with sour cream, cheese and chives.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 28 g,
- 36 g,
- 18 g,
- 8 g,
- 536 mg.