Shrimp 'n' Noodle Soup
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
- 113 g thin rice noodles , such as vermicelli or stick (measure loosely by grabbing a handful about 1 in. diameter)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups thinly sliced bok choy
- 1 375-g pkg peeled frozen shrimps
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 green onions , chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp chili-garlic sauce , sambal oelek or sriracha sauce (optional)
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add rice noodles and cook 2-7 minutes, until al dente. (Beware of mushy noodles!) Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again.
- In a large pot, bring the chicken stock to a boil. Add bok choy, shrimp and soy sauce, and cook, uncovered, until shrimp are pink and cooked through, and broth is hot – about 4 minutes.
- Place an individual serving of noodles in each bowl, ladle soup overtop, then garnish with green onions, cilantro, sesame oil and chili-garlic sauce, to taste.
- Makes 4 servings.
- In a serving: 245 calories, 24.4 g protein, 3.1 g fat, 27.4 g carbohydrates