This article has not been rated yet.
This classic chilled soup comes together in no time - no cooking required!
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/4 cup low-sodum tomato juice
- 1/2 lb fresh tomato , (any variety), cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 green sweet pepper , coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red sweet pepper , coarsely chopped
- 2 mini English cucumbers , chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sherry , or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 avocado , pitted and diced
- Place garlic in a blender and pulse to mince. Add tomato juice and blend until smooth. Add tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, oil, salt and vinegar, and blend until smooth. If you have a bit of extra time, transfer to a lidded container and chill in freezer for 15-30 minutes.
- Garnish each bowl of soup with a large dollop of sour cream and diced avocado.
- Round out the meal by serving with cubed cheese, olives, pickles, rolled-up slices of ham and whole wheat bread sticks or buns.
- Makes 4 servings.
- In 1 serving: 164 calories, 4 g protein, 12 g fat, 12 g carbs, 3 g dietary fibre, 79 mg calcium, 1 mg iron, 35 mcg folate