Potato Velvet Soup
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
This might just be the best potato soup you will ever make and no tell-tale lumps to horrify a zucchini-phobic child.
- 2 large potatoes , peeled and cubed (about 500 g)
- 1 medium zucchini , cubed
- 4 cups chicken broth , or vegetable broth
- 1 150-g pkg herbed French-style cream cheese , (like Boursin or Rondele)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cubed potatoes and zucchini with the broth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then cover, lower the heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until the potatoes are squishy soft. Remove from heat.
- Now, if you have one of those nifty hand-blender gizmos, you can use it to blend the mixture in the saucepan until it is perfectly smooth. (If you don’t have one, use a regular blender or food processor. It works just as well, but it’s one more flipping thing to wash.) Return the mixture to the saucepan and place over low heat. Crumble in the herbed cheese and gently heat, stirring until the cheese is melted and the soup is velvety smooth.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper if you think it needs it. Which it probably won’t.