Pantry Pumpkin Soup
This article has not been rated yet.
8 to 10 servings
A touch of curry adds flavour, not heat, to this satisfying pumpkin soup recipe.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek , white and light green parts only, sliced
- 1 stalk celery , chopped
- 1 Yukon gold potato , diced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 796 mL can pumpkin
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 375 can 2% evaporated milk
- salt , to taste
- ground black pepper , to taste
- pinches ground nutmeg , optional
- whole wheat croutons , optional
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium. Add leek and celery, and sauté, stirring often, for 4 minutes or until soft and fragrant, but not browned.
- Add potatoes and curry powder, and sauté for another minute. Add stock, pumpkin and lemon juice; stir to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook, covered, for 12-14 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in milk and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. If you wish, serve each bowl of soup with a pinch of nutmeg and a sprinkle of croutons.
- Makes 8-10 servings.
- In a serving: 117 calories, 6 g protein, 4 g fat, 16 g carbs, 3 g dietary fibre