Pantry Presto Soup
This article has not been rated yet.
Perfect for cold winter days.
- 1 onion , chopped
- 1 cup rinsed, drained canned beans , such as Romano or white kidney
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 398-mL can cherry or plum tomatoes
- 4 cups frozen lean meatballs , (about 500 g)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat macaroni
- 1 tbsp basil pesto
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- grated Parmesan , for garnish
- Chop the onion, rinse and drain the beans, and wash the baby spinach. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Add the meatballs, beans, macaroni and pesto. Bring back to a boil, then reduce to simmer, cooking 8 minutes or until macaroni is al dente and the meatballs cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve in bowls, adding spinach as desired. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and enjoy.