This article has not been rated yet.
- 1/4 cup olive oil , or vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , squished
- 1 carrot , diced
- 2 stalks celery , sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked small pasta , (like shells or alphabets)
- 1 cup sliced green beans
- 2 small zucchinis , sliced
- 3 cups raw spinach , shredded
- 1 can red kidney beans , or white kidney beans
- Heat the oil in a large pot and sauté the onions and garlic over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add the carrot, celery, tomatoes with all their juice, and water, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for about 40 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Now, add the pasta and the green beans, and cook for 10 minutes. Finally, add the zucchini, spinach, and canned beans, and cook for another 10 to 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve sprinkled with grated parmesan cheese.