Mediterranean Chicken Stew
This article has not been rated yet.
This is a truly company-worthy dish that can be made - start to finish - in about half an hour. No kidding. Serve it with couscous or rice. And never reveal your secret.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 1 medium green sweet pepper , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano , crumbled
- 1 796-mL can diced tomatoes
- 1 540-mL can chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 rotisserie chicken , cut into 8 to 10 pieces
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives , coarsely chopped
- In a Dutch oven or very large skillet, cook the onion and green pepper over medium heat until softened – about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and oregano and cook, stirring, for just one minute. Now add the tomatoes, chickpeas, chicken broth, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring a few times, for about 5 minutes. Now add the chicken pieces and olives, and continue to cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- That’s pretty much it, folks. Serve chicken and sauce spooned over hot cooked rice or couscous.