Inspiring Potato Soup
4 to 4 servings
Simmer some soup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 medium potatoes , peeled and diced
- 2 medium onions , chopped
- 2 stalks celery , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , squished
- 2 cups chicken broth , or vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper , to taste
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes, onions, celery and garlic and cook, stirring, for 6 to 8 minutes, until the onions begin to soften.
- Add the broth, bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, until the potatoes are tender. Let cool briefly.
- With a potato masher(or a fork), mash the soup in the pot until there are no big lumps left.
- Pour about half of the mashed soup into a blender or food processor. Add the milk and blend until smooth.
- Return the blended mixture to the mashed mixture in the saucepan and stir to combine. If you prefer no lumps whatsoever, blend the whole mess in batches until smooth.
- Add the salt and pepper and heat through, but don’t let it boil.