- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery , (reserve leaves)
- 2 cups fresh or defrosted frozen corn kernel
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp chopped thyme
- 4 cups sodium-free chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups diced Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 lb. cod fillets , (boneless, skinless)
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Melt butter in a large pot on medium heat. Add onion and celery and sauté for 4 min or until softened. Turn heat to medium-high, add corn, garlic and thyme and sauté for 3 min or until vegetables are lightly golden. Add stock, bay leaf and potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 min or until potatoes are still firm in the centre when pierced with a fork. Add cod and cream and cook gently for 5 min longer or until potatoes and fish are cooked through.Break fish into chunks.
For remaining portions
Cod is a favourite fish for chowders, but halibut, haddock and even tilapia can be used, too.
Originally published in the Today’s Parent May 2014 issue.
Nutrition for baby food (per Serving)
Nutrition (per serving)
- 35 g
- 48 g
- 36 g
- 5 g
- 631 mg