Finding Nemo Soup
This article has not been rated yet.
Floating mats of algae, strands of green seaweed, and lots of shells and stuff on the bottom. It's the ocean in a bowl!
- 8 cups chicken broth , (homemade or canned)
- 1 large carrot
- 1 stalk celery , very thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup baby shell pasta , (the smallest)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 250 g fresh spinach , trimmed and cut into strips
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Pour chicken broth into a large saucepan or Dutch oven.
- Scrub the carrot and slice crosswise into very thin rounds. Add carrot and celery slices to the chicken broth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and let simmer about 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the shell pasta in boiling water until tender but not mushy. Drain and add to the simmering soup.
- In a small bowl, beat together the egg and Parmesan cheese. Pour the egg mixture into the simmering soup, while stirring constantly – it will form long stringy strands and cook almost instantly. Add the spinach and cook for just a minute or two, until wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if necessary.