By Today's Parent
4 Adult Sized Servings
* PLUS Cooking time: 20 minutes
sliced, unpeeled, scrubbed
, (about 1 1/2 lb.)
900-mL container sodium-free
1 1/2 cups
- Melt butter in a pot over medium heat. Add carrots and onion.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally for 10 min or until vegetables are soft and beginning to brown. Add cumin and
sauté for 1 min until fragrant.
- Add chicken stock, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 min or until vegetables are very soft. Transfer to a blender and purée until smooth.
- Return to pot, season with salt and lemon juice. Serve soup warm or at room temperature, with a spoonful of yogurt and top with chopped cilantro.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 4 g,
- 19 g,
- 10 g,
- 5 g,
- 603 mg.