Tomato Olive Bites
This article has not been rated yet.
Mix up the tomato and olive topping ahead of time so that the kids can assemble these without any adult help. It’s a perfect diversion to keep everyone’s mind off the turkey.
- 1/2 French baguette , sliced crosswise 1/4 in. thick
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes , drained
- 1/3 cup brine-cured black olives , pitted and chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup pesto , (homemade or store bought)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the sun dried tomatoes in a small bowl and pour in enough warm water to cover. Let soak for 5 minutes, then drain thoroughly and chop. Add the chopped olives and parsley and stir to mix. Set aside.
- Spread the pesto on one side of each of the bread slices. Arrange on a baking sheet and place in the preheated oven. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the bottom is beginning to turn golden. Remove from oven and top with the olive mixture. Serve immediately.