The Ultimate Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Cookie
20 large cookies (about 3 inch diameter)
* PLUS Baking time: 9 minutes
Everyone's favorite cookie gets an extra infusion of yumminess in this chocolate chocolate chunk cookie recipe.
, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
1 1/2 cups
, or white chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place bittersweet chocolate in a small heavy-bottomed pot over low heat and stir until melted. Set aside.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl, stir with a fork until uniform. Set aside.
- Combine butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a mixing bowl; beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well between additions. Add vanilla and melted chocolate, then beat until uniform. Add flour mixture and beat until just combined. Stir in chocolate chunks and dried cherries.
- Let dough stand to firm up slightly, about 5 minutes. Using a large spoon, scoop dough into large balls (a generous 2 tbsp each) and place 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake at top and bottom thirds of oven until cookies are dry and cracked on top, but not baked through, about 9 minutes.
- Let cook on baking sheets for 5 minutes or until firm, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 3 g,
- 33 g,
- 13 g,
- 169 mg.
Mix it up my adding nuts or even chopped candy.