Stuffed everything-bagel bagel bites
Photo: Carmen Cheung
These make-ahead bagel bites stuffed with cream cheese are perfect for early mornings and double as yummy after-school snacks.
, cut in 1/2in. cubes
Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Combine sesame seeds, garlic and onion flakes, poppy seeds and salt on a large plate. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured work surface, divide dough into 4 portions. Roll each portion into a 12-in. log, then cut each log into 1-in. sections. Flatten each piece in your palm into a 2-in.-wide circle and place 1 cheese cube in centre. Pull up edges of dough to cover cheese and roll into a ball. Transfer balls to a lightly floured baking sheet. Cover with a damp tea towel and let rise for 20 min.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add honey, then reduce heat to medium-high. Cook balls in batches of 6 until they begin to float, about 30 sec. Remove with a slotted spoon, shaking off excess water before transferring to plate with seasoning. Roll to coat. Arrange balls on prepared sheets.
- Bake balls until golden brown, 20 to 25 min. Bagel bites can be kept refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2 g,
- 7 g,
- 2 g,
- 1 g,
- 64 mg.
Originally published in the Today’s Parent July/August 2019 issue. Photo by Carmen Cheung.