Stuffed Baguette Bites
This article has not been rated yet.
Try these with the variations below or make up your own.
thin white or whole wheat
diced red or yellow
, or cooked peas
, or olives
- Cut baguette in half crosswise and then cut each half lengthwise to open. Pull out inside of bread, forming caverns with walls about 1⁄2 in (1 cm) thick inside. Cut off ends and set aside.
- Stir together cream cheese, veggies, pickles and garlic. Spread over both cut sides of the baguette, including inside caverns. Press halves together, wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour or up to 2 days. Slice into 1 in (2 cm) pieces to serve.
- Makes about 18 pieces.
- In 1 piece: 71 calories, 3 g protein, 3 g fat, 9 g carbs, 1 g dietary fibre, 28 mg calcium, 1 mg iron, 17 mcg folate
- Fruit and veggie variation: Omit pepper, cucumber, pickles and garlic. Stir in 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) chopped pitted Medjool dates, 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) diced apple and 1⁄2 tsp (2 mL) cinnamon together with the cream cheese and carrot.
- PB & fruit variation: Stir together 1 cup (250 mL) smooth or crunchy peanut butter, 3⁄4 cup (175 mL) diced apple, 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) chopped banana, 1⁄3 cup (75 mL) bran buds or chopped nuts.