They may taste like candy and crunch like peanut brittle, but these goodies pack a nutritious and nut-free punch. Pack 'em up as a protein-rich morning or afternoon snack. Recipe by Bonny Reichert
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups raw, shelled pumpkin seeds
- Whisk the egg white in a medium bowl until foamy. Mix in honey and salt, then add pumpkin seeds. Toss until the seeds are coated.
- Tip the contents of the bowl onto a rimmed cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, and spread evenly into a thin layer.
- Roast in the oven at 300°F (150°C) for 30-35 minutes until golden and glossy, checking the seeds a few times to make sure they don’t burn. (If they’re getting too brown, stir them a bit.)
- Allow to cool in the pan before breaking into clusters. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Makes 4 cups (1 L).
- In 1?2 cup (125 mL) serving: 463 calories, 17.9 g protein, 31.6 g fat