Sausage, Red Pepper and Baby Potato Kebabs
This article has not been rated yet.
Serve these Sausage, Red Pepper and Baby Potato Kebabs at your next backyard party.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 24 baby white or red potatoes , (don't peel)
- 4 to 6 precooked Italian or Polish sausages , sliced into 24 1-in. thick pieces
- 1 red sweet pepper , (ribs and seeds removed), cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1 red onion , peeled and sliced into 1-in. pieces
- Soak eight 6-inch (18 cm) long wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Wash baby potatoes and boil for 10 to 12 minutes until they are just tender when poked with a knife. Drain and let cool slightly until easy to handle, about 5 minutes.
- Alternately thread the sausage, red peppers, potatoes and red onion onto the skewers. Place kebabs in a shallow dish and pour over marinade. Cover and place in refrigerator to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat a barbeque or grill pan to medium. Because of the honey in the marinade and the high temp, they cooked too quickly. Grill the kebabs, turning occasionally, until slightly charred and vegetables are tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.