Salsa Cheese Bites
This article has not been rated yet.
This great lacto-ovo-vegetarian snack can be thrown together in minutes, with stuff you probably already have around the house. Don't worry ; the canned green chilies in this recipe are really mild. If your kids like a little heat, add some chopped fresh jalapenos.
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack
- 2 127-mL cans chopped green chilies
- 1 cup store-bought biscuit mix
- 4 eggs , beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup salsa , (any kind)
- Sprinkle the cheeses evenly over the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 in.(22 x 33 cm) baking pan. Spread chilies on top.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the biscuit mix, eggs and milk. Pour this mixture over the cheese and chilies, spreading it out to cover as much as possible. Dollop the salsa over the top of everything.
- Bake at 425°F (220°C) for 25 to 30 minutes, until set. Let cool for about 10 minutes before cutting into squares. Serve warm.