Raspberry Oat Bran Muffins
Agave syrup is the new sweetener in town. It tastes like a milder version of honey and has a lower glycemic index than refined sugar, which is helpful for those who are watching their weight. (If you can't easily find agave syrup, use honey instead.) This high-fibre muffin is also dairy-free.
1 1/2 cups
, or honey
fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oat bran, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat egg and oil. Whisk in applesauce and agave syrup.
- Add dry ingredients to wet in thirds, combining until just mixed. Add nuts, if you’re using them, then gently fold in raspberries.
- Line muffin-pan compartments with paper cups, or oil lightly, and spoon in batter. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and tester comes out clean. Cool on rack.
- In 1 muffin: 198 calories, 4.4 g protein, 5.9 g fat, 35.5 g carbohydrates, 3.8 g dietary fibre