Raspberry Cream Cheese Thumbprints
This article has not been rated yet.
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter , softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 250-g pkg cream cheese , softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup raspberry jam , (or any other flavour)
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat together the butter, sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in the lemon juice and zest.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the butter mixture in 2 or 3 portions, mixing just until the flour is incorporated and the dough is smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour, or until firm.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 2 cookie sheets with baker’s parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into 1 in (2 cm) balls and arrange on the prepared cookie sheets, leaving about 2 in (5 cm) between them. With a finger or the handle of a wooden spoon, make an indentation in the top of each ball, then fill with a tiny spoonful of jam. Place in the preheated oven and bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom. Remove to a rack to cool completely, then dust the cookies lightly with icing sugar.