whole wheat flour
, room temperature
, margarine or vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Combine flour with sugar, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Give your little helper a whisk or a wooden spoon and let him stir to combine.
- Mash bananas thoroughly in separate bowl. Whisk in eggs. Stir in butter and quinoa. Pour the blended banana mixture into the flour mixture, and have your child stir until thoroughly combined. Fold in chocolate chips if desired.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a skewer inserted into the loaf comes out clean, about an hour.
- Transfer to a rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Run a knife along the inside of the pan to loosen the cake. Invert onto a rack and let rest until fully cooled.
Looking for kid-friendly recipes that you can make together and will tempt even the pickiest eaters? Get your grain on with this delicious loaf that is perfect for an after-school
snack, breakfast treat or bake sale contribution. Our secret? The mom-approved balance of protein-packed quinoa and decadent chocolate chips. Your little ones will love learning how to bake with this easy recipe (and fun video that you can watch together in under two minutes).