Quinoa Banana BreadBy Kristen Eppich
Take everyone's favourite loaf for a healthy spin with this easy and delicious twist on classic banana bread.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs , room temperature
- 1/2 cup melted butter , margarine or vegetable oil
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips , optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Combine flour with sugar, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Give your little helper a whisk or a wooden spoon and let him stir to combine.
- Mash bananas thoroughly in separate bowl. Whisk in eggs. Stir in butter and quinoa. Pour the blended banana mixture into the flour mixture, and have your child stir until thoroughly combined. Fold in chocolate chips if desired.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a skewer inserted into the loaf comes out clean, about an hour.
- Transfer to a rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Run a knife along the inside of the pan to loosen the cake. Invert onto a rack and let rest until fully cooled.